St. Joseph’s Cemetery was recorded by researchers from Carrickmacross Workhouse - a Community Resource, Training and Heritage Centre.

Find Us on Facebook

We hope it assists our community, at home and abroad, to trace their family and friends.

Our sincere thanks to those who assisted with our research, in particular:

*  Right Reverend Monsignor Vincent Connolly, Parish Priest of Magheross from 1972 to 2013

*  St. Joseph’s Cemetery Committee

*  Department of Social Protection, through the Community Services Programme managed by Pobal; and FÁS, through the Community Employment Scheme administered by Cormagh Development Company, for the workers that undertook the research: John Burns, Joe Callan and Mary Frances Kerley

*  PJ McCabe, Carrickmacross, for:

- Sourcing the 1885 Map of St. Joseph’s Cemetery, which is stored in the Sacristy of St. Joseph’s Church

- The three photographs of Calvary dated 1903, 1910 and 1968, approximately

- The poem and photograph of Lough na Glac