Carrickmacross Workhouse is a not for profit Social Enterprise supporting 48 staff. Carrickmacross Workhouse now operates as a Social Enterprise and the Board of Farney directly employs 3 full-time and 12 part-time staff, including Management, Citizens' Information Providers, Cleaners, Caretakers, Genealogy Researchers, and a Financial Administrator; we also manage 5 part-time volunteers. Our staff is part-funded by the Department of Social Protection, under the 'Community Services Programme' administered by Pobal, and also from our own resources.
The Workhouse is also supporting a further 33 employees in various offices managed by statutory bodies and community organizations, bringing the total number of paid staff to 48.
Today, the Workhouse is sustained by 12 anchor Tenants and income from renting of Meeting / Training Rooms.
Re-opened since 2003, the Workhouse is a neutral confidential base for 12 community organisations seeking to address Unemployment Social Exclusion and promoting Socio-Economic Development throughout the East Border Region.
Our tenants and services include the following:
• Citizens' Information Centre
• Community Preschool, Naíonra, and Afterschool Service
• Cormagh Association - Solis Community Employment Scheme
• EirGrid - Sustainable Energy Company
• Monaghan Integrated Development - Local Employment Service
• Monaghan Integrated Development - Supported Employment Service
• Monaghan Integrated Development - Ability Activation Project
• Monaghan VEC - Adult Education and Guidance Service
• Monaghan VEC - Adult Education Outreach Centre
• Monaghan VEC - Community Education Outreach Centre
• Tús - Government Employment Activation Initiative
MEETING/TRAINING ROOM HIRE:
In addition, numerous local, regional and national organisations utilise our meeting/training rooms, including:
• Accord Partnership Counselling Service
• Bereavement Counselling Service
• Carrickmacross-Belfast Cross Border, Cross Community Partnership
• Carrickmacross Town Council and Monaghan County Council
• Cavan and Monaghan Sports Partnerships
• Disability Federation of Ireland
• Solis Further Education and Training Authority in Ireland
• HSE North East - Drugs Taskforce and Health Promotion Department
• Irish Wheelchair Association
• Local Residents' Committees and Sporting Groups
• Monaghan Childcare Committee
• Newry and Mourne Ethnic Minority Support Centre
• North East Probation Service
• English and French Grinds
• Women's Aid from Monaghan and Louth